Friday, February 15, 2013

Sweet Treats and Happy Hearts

Valentine's day was more like Valentine's week for us. It's always good to have things planned to do and who can resist doing things with a theme of pink and red hearts? Give me a theme and I'll run with it...and after all we did for Valentine's day I feel like I've run a marathon...okay maybe just a 5K. It was fun and it was worth it but now I need a nap...and then I'll start planning for Easter...and St. Patricks Day...hmmm...I see rainbows and pots of gold in our future.... 
We started with heart shaped cookies...

 and used the extra dough to spell Anna's name....any excuse to practice our letters!
 Anna's favorite...the decorating of the cookies!
Then we did my new favorite..we made pink chocolate X's and O's
 We also made milk chocolate X's and O's but those were eaten before a picture could be taken!
 The perfect on top of ice cream treat!

Next we made Valentine's for our school friends. I decided we would make our Valentine's this year instead of buying them so we made flower hearts with a lollipop center!
 And to go with our flower heart Valentines we made heart crayons
On Wednesday Anna had her school Valentine's Day Party
 What would Anna have first...a lollipop of course!
Finally it was Valentine's Day! Matilda wore the same top Anna did on her first Valentine's Day...and if you guessed the baby on the left is Matilda then you are correct!
We started the day with some sisterly love and Valentine giggles
Followed by a special Valentines breakfast of heart shaped french toast filled with strawberries and Nutella...Yummmmmy!
 A Valentine's treat for Daddy
For dinner I attempted to make a heart shaped pizza. I was quite proud of myself and thought it looked like a heart. Then I showed it to Anna and she said it wasn't a heart it was the letter Y!
 No Valentine's Day dinner is complete without cupcakes

After dinner we gave the girls their Valentine gifts...a book for Matilda...
 
And a piggy bank for Anna! We also gave her some coins to put in her piggy bank...after she put them in Anna said, "More money please!" Hmmmm....I think the scots in her is coming out! 
But she may have liked her red heart balloon more than anything else!
 
Daddy and his girls!
Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone's hearts were as happy as ours were!


0 comments:

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates