Friday, April 12, 2013

You light up my life

Do you remember the Lite Brite? It was one of my favorite toys growing up....the little pegs that you would put into holes to make pictures that would glow...hours of fun! Well yesterday old man winter reminded us that he was still around by giving us a wintry mix mix of snow, ice, and rain so faced with a day indoors Anna and I made our own "Lite Brite" box!
We took a big cardboard box and poked a string of Christmas lights through the top!
Voila! Our light up box!

 It looked even better at night with the lights in the room turned off! Though not hours of fun it was simple, easy and fun to do. I did learn that when putting in the Christmas lights one should follow the same rule of thumb as putting lights on your Christmas tree...check that all the lights work before putting your lights on. Luckily a 3 year old Anna didn't mind that only half the lights were lit up!

2 comments:

Seedman Family said...

Gonna have to still this one my brilliant friend! You are the best mama! I so wish we could come over and build a lite brite city with you guys. Big Hugs to all 4 of you ;)

Seedman Family said...

*steal ;) Apparently I haven't finished my coffee yet this morning!

 
Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates